Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend in Brussels, Belgium

A few weeks ago I found out my cousin was going to be in Brussels, that's only 15 hrs away.... or a 2 hr plane flight from me! So I had Jared check if he could get the weekend off.  He was told yes, was given the paperwork, got the signature needed and I bought the tickets........... fast forward 2 more weeks........ He was given the wrong paper work and so didn't have the correct people informed and so he had to fly..... so off the kids and I went alone on our first travel adventure abroad.

It all went very smoothly and we had a great time with my cousin. I am glad I went through with it. For a moment I was going to bag the idea~ traveling alone with the 2 kids~ not really my idea of a relaxing trip.

We saw some really great architecture on some very old buildings. It was kinda cold and threatened to rain on us on Sunday but then wonderfully didn't. The whole weekend was all about transportation: walking, taxi, subway, tram, and airplane in just 3 days.

Enjoy the photos~



Waiting on the Tram














The first covered shopping area in Brussels












Subway






Don't get eaten in the park!






Belgium Waffles



I got one with Nutella


Belgian Chocolate 
















They have to be good..... there's a line! 





Cute market by our hotel, the lady in the store gave the kids cars stickers.




More Waffles 


On our way out of town we happened to run into this at the train station.
Monday was the start of Belgium Chocolate Week.
It was a Giant Chocolate train.
Gunner was in LOVE with this.
He begged for his picture to be taken with it.








Our Belgian Treasures~ Magnet (first one on the fridge here), Belgium Chocolates, Waffles  Starbucks mugs, and Belgium lace. Only thing we forgot to get was Belgium Hot coco~ When I told Jared he said we will just have to get that when we got to Switzerland......Swiss Chocolate~ Ok!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys are living learning over there, what an awesome way to homeschool! I love the buildings, they're beautiful! And now I want a waffle... and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete