Friday, March 23, 2012

Kung Pao


Tonight's Dinner - A hit with all, kids finished there whole bowl!

Kung Pao Veggies

Handful of Baby carrots thinly sliced
sm Zucchini quartered
8oz can of water chestnuts
med head of broccoli
1/2 onion
1 green pepper
2 stalks of celery sliced

Sauce
2 T White wine
2T Soy Sauce
2 T corn starch mixed with 2T water
few sprinkles of chili powder, to taste
1t distilled white vinegar
1T chopped garlic
4 oz chopped peanuts (I used cashews) 

mix ingredients in bowl and ad to a pan with veggies, saute till
veggies reach your desired consistency
Serve over rice.

Jared and I also added red pepper flakes to ours 
to increase the heat~ something the kids would not have liked.


1 comment:

  1. Love the recipe - will try it soon. We're interested in the garden shed... have been wanting something like that for awhile! I need to measure to make sure, but if it will fit we'll take it!

    ReplyDelete