Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Feb 6 Spouse Tour

Today we took a spouse tour of the Museum of Transdanubian Reformed Diocese in Papa.
Truthfully I cant accurately tell you where we went. Because the museum tour guide spoke in Hungarian and then our Translator translated everything to us. But after all that talking my brain lost quite a bit of the tour.
Bit it was still a lot of fun. We first got to go see a Egyptian Mummy that dates back a little over 2000 years. But we were not allowed to take photos in that section. Guess you'll just have to come visit so we can go! ;)

What I got from it was it was a college with 400+ high school students and 100 university students.
And they had quite a few famous Hungarians in the past go to the school.
One of the Biggest being Writer & Poet, Petrofi who died at age 28 in a war 
that he had been quite influential in.  




-Cloakroom-


It was a beautiful building that still had the old rolled glass windows
  

In the Historical Library


Old School Bell


Fake Books, Filled with old book Card Catalog information


Old Books


Card Catalog


Items from the Reformed Church



Smallest ever prayer book (replica)



I really loved all the needle work on the cloth they had in all the cases. Gunner asked the tour guide how they made the metal stuff. It was funny and cute. She didn't really know how to answer, so she just laughed and so I gave him a mom type description. But I think Jared will have to go more in depth this week! 



Printing Press




An old Church decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment