Tuesday, October 16, 2012

You don't get character from convenience

Monday morning i got up with Jared and went down 
stairs and sat with him and enjoyed a cup of coffee.
About halfway through that coffee I heard a noise.... 
I turned just in time to see this little guy scurry out....
No, no, no, no, no!!!!! 


Jared had planned to wait for a guy to come get his car for a small repair (he scraped a gate thingy (hard to explain) and knocked a weld loose on his exhaust . So before the guy got there I sent Jared off to store to get some traps. I told him "if they have those ones where it nicely shuts the mouse inside and then you throw it away get those!" Knowing full well in my delusional state of panic that there is no way on this green earth they carry those here in this small town...  But it had to be said.... just in case! 
Low and behold the store didn't even carry mouse traps~ we would have to go to a farm type store for that.
And they don't open till later

Jared did see the landlord on his way back and told him about the problem.






The landlord covered a board with glue and then put a sausage on it......
it hasn't worked~ 

Also while Jared was out in the rental car (the one that had the weird light come on on Sat.)
the oil light came on. And its not one of those fancy cars that mean its time to change the oil.
No this is the sign that ~ Hey ~ you have a problem!  So now it has 2 lights on ~ our other car is getting taken away for the day to get fixed and there is a mouse!

So both cars go away to get fixed and we walk to the farm store and get 2 mouse traps...

I walk up to the counter and ask English? he shakes his head no.....
So ........... 
I put my pointer fingers next to my head wrinkle up my nose and stick out my teeth.
Do you see where this is going???? I sure hope your laughing!!!
Then I make a mouse noise!!! oh yes I did~ 
Then..........
I make big crocodile arms and smacked them shut!
Get it??
Mouse Trap! 
He got it!


 This was all after Jared see's Mr. Mouse again as he walk 
through the front door. Leaves door open so maybe mouse would go out side and then 
throws my shoe at the mouse to scare it to the door.
(the mouse did not run out the door!)
I'm thinking had he not scared the mouse we probably would have gotten him!!! 
He was way more daring before! ......just saying Jared! ;) 

Then:
 Hahahaha ~ You just have to laugh!!!!
I mean really who makes this stuff up??
Jared goes to get the red car and bring it home 
and 2 blocks from the house the brakes go out.
Good think its a stick and has a good e-brake!
(The jury's still out on whats wrong with it, brake fluid is low. So Jared got 
some more. But it was raining to much today to fix anything) 

But the white car came back all fixed and we went out to eat with Jared's work people.


Before bed we put peanut butter on the traps and he just licked it off~ 

*So tonight we got caramels  
You have to work much harder to get those off! I'm hoping this works. 

~Tuesday~


Today was another bedroom study day! I really don't like being down stairs now~ 


Gunner has been really slow at math lately. Today I had the best idea 
I gave him my iPhone and said let see how fast you are!
And I said ready set GO! 
He got done in 3 min 20 sec
its been taking him 15 to 20 min 
the past few weeks! Make it a game~ That's all I had to do! 


Our planet project


Tying them up


Now we have them memorized: 
Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto


Dinner ~ Hot Veggie & Chicken Soup
on a cold rainy day!


Movie & Hungarian Desert Bread 

Kürtőskalács




American Girl Movie Felicity 
The landlord brought us a DVD player because when he stopped by one night the 
kids were watching a movie on the lap top. It was so nice of him that I just said 
thank you. ( Köszönöm )  To control the sale of American DVD's they wont 
play on other countries DVD players, same with their's on ours.

Last weeks bible study was on Peace & this week on Patience and I just shake my head a go. 
Whats my lesson!!??? 

Today's Quote at bible study was: "You don't get character from convenience" 

no car & a mouse 
(that as of today is pooping in all the cupboards and we had to scrub 
all the pans, and put everything on higher shelves.)

 is not convenient in my book. 
God is building my character!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you got a picture of that mouse! Many pictures! Nice planet idea with the balloons.

    ReplyDelete