Saturday, March 19, 2011

Evacuation Kit

Today was about getting everything together in our emergency kit! The kids and I have been talking a lot about what to do in an Emergency but more specifically an Earthquake, So we pulled up some lists and did a bit of shopping this past week (people keep asking if we were going camping) LOL

We got together all our new supplies and pulled out our sad pre-existing evacuation kit, it did have a few things in it and Caden was very intrigued by the MRE's~ She was reading what was inside those crazy brown bags, and to think there is a chicken dinner in there can be quite puzzling!

Here are some links if you want to gather your own kits~ I figure its MUCH better to be prepared even if nothing ever happens!

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/xml/abtus/ourorg/dem/earthquake%20prep.pdf

http://www.ready.gov/america/_downloads/checklist.pdf

So today we got some cleaning done, worked on retreat stuff, made some yummy dinner, packed our emergency kit, then watched "The Little's" yes I am still forcing my kids to watch cartoons from my past off Netflicks~ ;) and I LOVE it!!!! Now if they would just get some of my favorites like Rescue Rangers or Gummie Bears~

Dinner~ Chicken Curry Noodle Soup & Albertsons Honey Sun Flower Bread
Best bread I have had in a LONG time~ it was sooooo good

Caden Reading all the MRE's

Our safety Kit that we started 2 years ago but never completed

Our List of supplies

Packing the Bin

Finding the most perfect space for each item.
We did kinda run out of room~
not sure if its the packing skills or we need a bigger bin?

Some of our new items, Back Pack Just in case we cant take the whole bin, First aid kit,
Nutrition Bars, & matches~ just to name a few!

March 19


Well we aren't 100% prepared according to the list but we are at a place were life wouldn't be too horrible if we had to stay here with out electricity and water for a week or more. There are a few more items on the list plus I need to copy the rest of our important documents and put the copies in a plastic bag in the bin.

I am hoping its like when you take an umbrella and then it doesn't rain, that because we are prepared we wont need it! :)

So I challenge the rest of you out there to get prepared too!

No comments:

Post a Comment