Monday, January 31, 2011

Cookies Part I

We had a semi busy day~ I drug myself out of bed to "Mom I am hungry" ( I think its sufficient to say, "I am NOT a morning person!) there was no cereal & one package of oatmeal~ I was tempted to say get in the car lets go to Starbucks........ but I was so not looking like Starbucks material and ~ our Starbucks is NOT a drive through~ so since I hadn't showered yet.... I grabbed the zip lock baggy of bread left over from the loaves I had sliced up for the spouse dinner the other night. dumped the raisin ones into a casserole dish sprinkled some Cinnamon & sugar on top, mixed some eggs and milk pored that on top, a little Pampered Chef Cinnamon sprinkle on top and Bake at 400* for 30ish min~ and yes I totally made that whole thing up in my un-caffeinated state! :)

It was YUMMY!!!!

While breakfast baked~ The kids decided to put on a puppet show



They were pretty cute!

So our new theme~ and one I am TRULY hoping doesn't continue, is.......

"MOM I AM STUCK!"

I don't know what he was thinking???? But it WAS funny~


Pondering what to do next~ He had used his arms to scoot himself like 3 ft to my desk...

He tried getting out~

It was working~

Then he fell over and still couldn't get out~

I tried pulling on the box~ it still didn't help.....

Finally he was able to free himself~
 I was a bit worried I was going to have to break it to get him out.


I have been promising the kids for a few days now that we would make cookies~ Tonight we finally got around to it~ But latter than planned cause Caden spent 45 giggly minutes on the phone to her BFF and then Jared called and we had to take a break cause mommy cant supervise very well when on the phone! ;)
Ingredients assembled!

First time I had ever seen that~ Awwwwww

YUM~ yes I snuck a few!

Butter

Flour

Eggs

Adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

Double Chocolate~ M&M's and Chocolate Chips! :)

Now that's a classy cookie!

We ran out of time to bake~ Saving that for tomorrow!


The last day of January!!!!
Jan 31~

Prayers for Jared~ Hes going to have a few down days most likely~ so just praying that he finds things to fill his time. He is not a big fan of sitting around with nothing to do. So here's praying he is giving fun, relaxing, and meaningful things to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment