Bloom where you are planted.... Its a saying I took from my sister in law, which she got from a friend of hers, which I am sure came from somewhere else~ so we will just say ~Anonymous
What an amazing & long day!
MOPS this morning~ and I once again was blessed with a full roster of workers! AMEN
And they were all really great workers too!
I was able to catch a part of the meeting ~ it was about serving as wives & how blessed we can be.
One thing the speaker touched on was the 5 love languages, we all have them~ I think its important to know what love language we are and what our spouse's love language is so that we can learn to better bless them and in return bless our marriage. I had an idea of what Jared was but~ he wasn't so sure about that.... So we took the quiz! It was a nice change to our awkward "only have 15 min to talk" conversations. A way to connect but not be pressured to "think of something to say".
Take yours its fun!!! (oh and i was right! But Jared wont admit that!)
Here are the different types~ Can you guess what you are before you take the quiz?
I knew mine the moment i read it!
Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.
Acts of Service
Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter.
Physical Touch
This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight I had a meeting for Retreat planning~ Its going to be SO MUCH FUN! If anyone wants to come with me I would love, love, love to have you along! Its April 1-3. Cant wait till April but until then......
Today is......... Feb 8~
We now have 6 weeks completed!
Hard to believe its been 43 days since Jared has left.
Some days it seems like it went by quickly and others like its been an eternity.
Miss you Hun~ Luvs!
Caden Praying for daddy~ for good missions
Gunner praying for daddy~ for enjoyment in all he does
Mommy hanging up our prayers on the prayer tree!
(seems fitting that this years retreat symbol is a tree, and growth)
Our prayers to Jared~
I am feeling very planted here lately~ planted in my faith, in my family, in our church & in our community~ as a military family that doesn't occur very often~ usually I am looking for the next adventure out of here.... and don't get me wrong if it came I would accept it gladly. (I love new adventures) But I feel happy with what we have right now and will happily enjoy every moment we have here! I am trying not to rush each day~ even if I have a goal of making it to May as semi quickly as possible! Feeling blessed by soon to be friends, new friends, & old friends this week. Hope you all are having a great week too!
No comments:
Post a Comment