Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Punxsutawney Phil See's No Shadow!

Well today is Ground Hogs Day! :) Apparently Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so spring is near........... I sure hope so!

*side note* The Groundhog Day celebration is rooted in a German superstition that says if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on Feb. 2, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow was seen, legend said spring would come early.


It also stated that this was Punxsutawney Phil's  125th annual forecast...... what i wonder is what is the life span of a ground hog? There is now way its the same "Phil" *grin* ~ I wonder if there has ever been a "Phillis"?


Some days are way more productive than others~ today I would say leans on the not so, side. But that's ok~ We did some school

Gunner is officially a pre-reader graduate! He read his first BOB book all on his own! YAY GUNNER!

We ran to the bank, wandered the BX with Darci, bought both kids new pants... forget college, I need a Jeans fund for these 2 the way the wear out holes in their jeans! Then post office & home.

Hung out with Christie for dinner.... she brought over cute little sandwiches and salad. Then we dropped the kids off at AWANAS~ and went and had our weekly coffee and "mommy" break. It was fantastic... I actually walked away smiling~ something that had been a challenge all day.

Caden earned her AWANAS Shirt and Book tonight~
I am so proud of that girl, and she is so proud of herself!

We didn't get to calender yesterday so we took down Jan & Welcomed Feb.  


Now the days are all in order......

Feb 2~ Ground Hog Day- 5 weeks completed!


Our prayers~


We are thinking of you lots Jared and missing you like Crazy!~ Hope your flight goes well! We know you are working hard, so we are trying to be just as hard working on this end. Love you lots! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment